CALIFORNIA FOOD LAW:
Locally Grown, Made and Shared
Held on Saturday, December 6th this workshop was designed to create more awareness about recent California legislation that makes local food production, selling and sharing more accessible.
- AB 1990 Community Food Producers
- AB-551 Urban Agriculture Act
- AB-2561 Neighborhood Food Act
- AB-1616 Homemade Food Act
This workshop covered a variety of topics related to food sovereignty:
- How to forage, glean and sell legally
- How to certify a home kitchen to start a home-based food business
- The do’s and don’ts, along with personal stories from food activists on the front lines
Mark Stambler, cottage bread baker and co-author of the Homemade Food Act with the Sustainable Economies Legal Center
Hector Gutierrez, policy analyst at Community Health Council
Thank you to the Armory Center for the Arts for the use of their space for time dollars. And thank you to the ASNTB cottage producers who provided delicious samples!